How Do You Know You’re In The “Right” Relationship?
Developing healthy, strong, and long lasting relationships take time, patience, and commitment to those you feel strongly for. Although every romantic relationship is bound to arrive at a bumpy road, there are several ways to sort through your emotions and experiences to discover whether your partner is the right one for you. Setting aside the romantic getaways and the exchanging of thoughtful gifts, this gallery digs beyond the material satisfactions of being in a relationship to arrive at:
- How the person makes you feel
- And how to notice when the bond is strengthening naturally
Here are 10 ways to sort out whether you’re in a relationship with the right person.
1) Although you might feel shy, private, and emotionally closed off at the start of a new relationship, expressing how you feel and sharing your thoughts with your significant other is a promising sign that things are beginning to fall into place.
2) Sharing everything with your partner also means that you are willing to drop the wall, open up, and share your most vulnerable parts. When becoming vulnerable with someone makes you feel self-conscious, this may be a sign that you’re not comfortable enough to show your true self.
3) Sharing mutual respect for one another is a good indication of a strong union between two people who aren’t trying to change the other person.
4) And despite his quirky characteristics and hobbies, you admire him anyway and more so because of them.
5) When making plans becomes difficult or tiresome, things might be naturally falling apart. However, when imagining a future together becomes a regular topic of conversation and the excitement to see one another stays high, you’re most likely in a relationship with someone who enjoys your company no matter what.
6) While sharing opinions, beliefs, and having things in common is normally a great way to start a new relationship,communicating when you disagree with your partner is healthy, natural, and a part of developing a respectful partnership.
7) When you can laugh together about anything, usually until your cheeks hurt, you’re probably in a relationship with your best friend with a solid foundation that’s difficult to break.
8) Together, you share unbeatable chemistry that has intuitively worked since you met.
9) While communicating with your partner is key for supporting long lasting relationships, not having to fill up moments of silence is a clear indication that you are both completely comfortable in each other’s presence without worrying about awkward periods of silence.
10) More than anything, you don’t feel as though you need to hide behind a mask for your partner to like you. Having the freedom to be yourself around your partner is a good indication that your relationship is promising and strong.
While not every relationship is picture perfect, these healthy signs are great for determining the overall compatibility with your partner.
Does your relationship reflect the ideas on this list?